Extinction Rebellion Malvern
Looking for our Upcoming Events? They’ve moved! Click on the blue button below.
Please note that due to coronavirus, our events are now held via video conference. If you need help to use Zoom, follow this document: Rebels user guide to Zoom
Our main meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month (currently online) and our working group meeting is usually on the 4th Thursday of each month. New members always welcome at any of these!
- The Deep Water ProjectThe next meeting is Wed 6th Jan 7:00pm – Click HERE to REGISTER Beyond our own plans for flooding actions in Worcestershire, there is a Midlands-wide project being developed by XR’s Midlands Outreach and Local Group Development team. Called ‘Deep Water’ it aims to coordinate flooding-related actions across the Midlands Region from the Marches to Lincolnshire (where […]
- Extinction Rebellion Malvern links flooding to climate changeExtinction Rebellion Malvern gathered in Upton-upon-Severn on Wednesday 30 December 2020 to highlight the role of climate change in local flooding. Dressed as office workers carrying on with business-as-usual despite the floods around them, they held signs reading “Climate Change = Increased Flooding Chaos”. The protestors are emphasising that climate change isn’t something far away […]
- Visioning Workshop 21st January 2021 7-9pmOur main meeting on 21st January will be devoted to an important new activity for us as we embark upon a new year of engaging with XR – a Visioning Workshop to be run by Dolly, XR’s chief UK Outreach and Local Group Development person (currently living mainly in West Malvern). By way of introduction […]
- Act Now Worcestershire County CouncilSaturday September 26th saw a fantastic turnout of socially distanced groups of six parading through Worcester City Centre. We had three groups of Faceless Bureaucrats, a forthright group of bees, cyclists, dinosaurs and our spectacular Rainbow Guardians. At noon we had a die in at Cathedral Plaza with around 50 people, plus a very impassioned […]
- Worcestershire Banner ActionThe Worcestershire XR groups organised an extremely impactful set of actions on Friday September 25th and Saturday September 26th. It was tremendous to have all local groups working together to focus our demands on the County Council. Friday saw huge banners displayed on four bridges surrounding Worcester, with the message “County Council! Act Now on Climate […]
- Letter to Harriett BaldwinResponse to tweet/ CEN letter 10.9.20 (by Isabel Jones) Dear Harriett In 1990 Margaret Thatcher told the second world climate conference: ‘The danger of global warming is as yet unseen, but real enough for us to make changes and sacrifices, so that we do not live at the expense of future generations,” according to a […]
- We need you to listen – poemWe need you to listenMalvern – Parliament Square – Wembley Police Station, September 2020 Poem by Isabel Jones For the people sitting in silenceWith their love and their faith and their griefWe need you to listen For the ones who are dancing and singingDrumming their passion and rage on the streetsWe need you to listen […]
- Family Arts Workshop23 November 2019: At Extinction Rebellion, we use art to tell a story and to create a striking visual impact. We are now scheduling monthly Family Arts Days where we gather as a community to make these beautiful things. With Gratitude Peace and Love, everyone big and small (and even smaller ) joins together to […]