Extinction Rebellion Malvern
Looking for our Upcoming Events? They’ve moved! Click on the blue button below.
Please note that due to coronavirus, our events are now held via video conference. If you need help to use Zoom, follow this document: Rebels user guide to Zoom
Our main meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month (currently online) and our working group meeting is usually on the 4th Thursday of each month. New members always welcome at any of these!
- Rebellion of OneThe three activists joined more than 200 others across the UK, on Saturday 24th April, to block traffic and draw attention to lack of government action on the climate and ecological emergency. Protesters blocked City Walls Road and The Cross in Worcester while a third blocked a main road in Barnard’s Green, near Malvern. “This […]
- Malvern Outreach StallFollowing a long absence during COVID lockdown, on 24th April we once again held our Malvern XR stall opposite the Post Office at the top of Church Street. We offered a wide range of free gifts including plants, seeds, jam, craft items, homemade cake and secondhand books. Lovely sunny weather ensured that we were visited by a steady […]
- Vigil for Earth DayThe Earth Vigil on Thursday 22nd April was beautiful event, with rebels from the area coming together peacefully and joyfully to reconnect with the earth and with each other, from 8am to 8pm. Our new banner made its first public appearance. We welcomed faces we haven’t been able to actually see due to covid and […]
- Climate Crime SceneExtinction Rebellion groups in Worcestershire performed a “climate crime scene” as street theatre in the centre of Worcester on Saturday 17th April, to highlight that Worcestershire County Council is putting future generations at risk due to their lack of action on the Climate and Ecological Emergency. The “crime scene” featured a faceless councillor stamping bits […]
- Local Rebel’s Experience of ArrestLast week I received a six month conditional discharge following my arrest in Parliament Square on 1st September last year. The reasons that I chose to risk arrest are set out in the statement I sent to the court (below). After sitting in the road peacefully for several hours, I was carried off to Brixton […]
- Motivational climate conversationsAs we begin to win the argument for the truth, surveys show that in many countries, including the UK, majorities see climate change as a threat. But there can seem to be a lack of urgency in the public response. In his latest book The New Climate War, Michael E Mann says we are fighting […]
- The Deep Water ProjectBeyond our own plans for flooding actions in Worcestershire, there is a Midlands-wide project being developed by XR’s Midlands Outreach and Local Group Development team. Called ‘Deep Water’ it aims to coordinate flooding-related actions across the Midlands Region from the Marches to Lincolnshire (where coastal flooding is a real concern). The project will involve local […]
- Extinction Rebellion Malvern links flooding to climate changeExtinction Rebellion Malvern gathered in Upton-upon-Severn on Wednesday 30 December 2020 to highlight the role of climate change in local flooding. Dressed as office workers carrying on with business-as-usual despite the floods around them, they held signs reading “Climate Change = Increased Flooding Chaos”. The protestors are emphasising that climate change isn’t something far away […]