Extinction Rebellion Malvern
Looking for our Upcoming Events? They’ve moved! Click on the blue button below.
Please note that due to coronavirus, our events are now held via video conference. If you need help to use Zoom, follow this document: Rebels user guide to Zoom
Our main meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month (currently online) and our working group meeting is usually on the 4th Thursday of each month. New members always welcome at any of these!
- Local Rebel’s Experience of ArrestLast week I received a six month conditional discharge following my arrest in Parliament Square on 1st September last year. The reasons that I chose to risk arrest are set out in the statement I sent to the court (below). After sitting in the road peacefully for several hours, I was carried off to Brixton […]
- Motivational climate conversationsAs we begin to win the argument for the truth, surveys show that in many countries, including the UK, majorities see climate change as a threat. But there can seem to be a lack of urgency in the public response. In his latest book The New Climate War, Michael E Mann says we are fighting […]
- The Deep Water ProjectBeyond our own plans for flooding actions in Worcestershire, there is a Midlands-wide project being developed by XR’s Midlands Outreach and Local Group Development team. Called ‘Deep Water’ it aims to coordinate flooding-related actions across the Midlands Region from the Marches to Lincolnshire (where coastal flooding is a real concern). The project will involve local […]
- Extinction Rebellion Malvern links flooding to climate changeExtinction Rebellion Malvern gathered in Upton-upon-Severn on Wednesday 30 December 2020 to highlight the role of climate change in local flooding. Dressed as office workers carrying on with business-as-usual despite the floods around them, they held signs reading “Climate Change = Increased Flooding Chaos”. The protestors are emphasising that climate change isn’t something far away […]
- Visioning Workshop 21st January 2021 7-9pmOur main meeting on 21st January will be devoted to an important new activity for us as we embark upon a new year of engaging with XR – a Visioning Workshop to be run by Dolly, XR’s chief UK Outreach and Local Group Development person (currently living mainly in West Malvern). By way of introduction […]
- Act Now Worcestershire County CouncilSaturday September 26th saw a fantastic turnout of socially distanced groups of six parading through Worcester City Centre. We had three groups of Faceless Bureaucrats, a forthright group of bees, cyclists, dinosaurs and our spectacular Rainbow Guardians. At noon we had a die in at Cathedral Plaza with around 50 people, plus a very impassioned […]
- Worcestershire Banner ActionThe Worcestershire XR groups organised an extremely impactful set of actions on Friday September 25th and Saturday September 26th. It was tremendous to have all local groups working together to focus our demands on the County Council. Friday saw huge banners displayed on four bridges surrounding Worcester, with the message “County Council! Act Now on Climate […]
- Letter to Harriett BaldwinResponse to tweet/ CEN letter 10.9.20 (by Isabel Jones) Dear Harriett In 1990 Margaret Thatcher told the second world climate conference: ‘The danger of global warming is as yet unseen, but real enough for us to make changes and sacrifices, so that we do not live at the expense of future generations,” according to a […]